Many of us may use IDM for their downloading purpose. If you download any IDM software from internet you will get a trial version with 30 days activation. Within this 30 days you have to purchase the serial key otherwise they will disable your IDM from your computer. You can’t use IDM in this computer as long as you don’t install new windows. This is very odd to us. That’s why here we share this post to solve this problem.
First of all, I would like to tell you that this task is very easy but you have to follow all step very carefully. Just read this full article first then start working. Otherwise there has a chance to be mistake. Let’s come to the point.
- Just download the latest version of IDM from here then install. If you have any version of IDM previously you can use that.
- Must have to be Notepad++ in your PC. If you don’t have just download the latest version from here and install / set up your pc.
- Look at the bellow right side of your monitor and find the IDM icon and right click on it then Exit. (If you have install IDM previously).
- Now click on Start then go to RUN and write bellow code then press enter. Immediately a new window will open.
- Find in the open window. Here has a file at first named “hosts” then right click on it, and select Edit with Notepad++
- Now delete everything from the Editor Window. Just press Ctrl+A and predd Delete. Be care full that there has no letter any more.
- Now just copy bellow code and paste into the Editor Window. Don’t change any letter from bellow code otherwise it may not work properly.
# Copyright (c) 1993-2009 Microsoft Corp.
# # This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.
# # This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each
# entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should
# be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.
# The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one
# Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual
# lines or following the machine name denoted by a '#' symbol.
# For example:
# 126.96.36.199 rhino.acme.com
# source server
# 188.8.131.52 x.acme.com
# x client host
# localhost name resolution is handled within DNS itself.
# 127.0.0.1 localhost
# ::1 localhost
Now save the file (press Ctrl+S) ans close all program.
Save your others file and close all program then restart your pc. Hope from now IDM should not request you to register.
If you unable to follow above method don’t worried. We have many alternatives for you. We keep a full version IDM7.1 version for you. Just download and install from here.